Changing Password and Security Level
There are a couple of reasons why you may want to change your Timeline password:
- You are signed in and want or need to change your password.
- You forgot your password and cannot sign in, so you need to reset your password.
It is recommended to enter your phone number. This way you will increase security and be able to moderate password recovery via email and SMS. To do this, enter your phone number in the Security tab of your Profile page and click Verify. Timeline will send you an SMS code to verify your phone number. After your number is verified, you'll receive an SMS when you try to recover your password.
To change your password while signed in
- Click your profile picture at the bottom of the left bar, then select User Profile.
- Click Security and enter your old password and new password in the form displayed.
- Click Change password.
To reset your password from the sign-in screen
Password recovery may require an SMS code if you set up an SMS in the Profile > Security and your account owner set up at least the Hybrid authentication in the Account > Authentication.
Below you will find instructions on how to reset your password WITHOUT using a phone number.
- Go to the sign-in screen for your Timeline website.
- Enter your email address, then click Forgot your password? under the Sigh in button.
- Click the recovery link in the email and follow the instructions to finish the process.
By default, your Timeline account passwords match the following password policy:
- It must contain English uppercase letters, English lowercase letters, and numbers (0-9).
- It must be between 8 and 32 characters long.
There are no other requirements around resets or expiration.
5/25/2023 10:12:06 AM