ABBYY FineReader Server 14 licenses may restrict:
- the number of Processing Stations that can be used
- the number of CPU cores that can be used by all the Processing Stations
- the number of Verification Stations that can be used simultaneously
- the number of Indexing Stations that can be used simultaneously
- the number of Scanning Stations that can be used simultaneously
- running time
- the number of pages that can be processed within a period of time (usually one month or one year)
- the number of pages printed in a Gothic font that can be processed (from ABBYY FineReader Server 14 Release 2 Update 2 onward, recognized Gothic-font pages will decrement the general page counter)
If your license imposes a limit on the number of pages that can be processed, the page counter will decrement by 1 whenever an A4-sized page or smaller is processed. When processing a page that is n times larger than an A4 page, the page counter will decrement by n pages.
Before input files are processed, they are placed into their respective jobs. Your page counter will decrement if:
- A file is recognized.
- A file or files are converted.
- Documents in Office formats are processed.
- Verification and indexing stages are enabled.
The number of pages by which your page counter will decrement is calculated before processing a job. This number remains unchanged even if pages are deleted or reformatted during processing. Specifically, all the pages in a job will count against your license page limit if:
- The Always use OCR option is used for processing PDFs or the All Text (Extract Text from Pictures) option is used for recognition.
- A page with no text (i.e. an image or a blank page) is detected in a born-digital PDF file.
- An image is converted to another image format.
- The barcode separation mode or the barcode-only recognition mode is used.
- A document in a job is deleted or rejected by an operator or a script (in this case, the pages of the deleted or rejected document will also decrement the page counter).
- Pages are deleted from a document by an operator or a script.
- Recognition of texts printed in Gothic fonts is enabled (in this case, pages printed in Gothic fonts will also decrement the page counter). From ABBYY FineReader Server 14 Release 2 Update 2 onwards, Gothic pages is not displayed as a separate license property. Recognized Gothic-font pages will register in the Pages left property.
- If an error occurs while processing a job, the pages in the job will not be treated as processed and will not count against your license page limit.
- If a job is rejected or deleted completely, the pages in the job will not count against your license page limit.
- If images containing two facing pages are split into two separate images, the page counter will be decremented by the number of pages created by the split operation.
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 modules
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 functionality is provided by modules. Some modules are essential and are included in ABBYY FineReader Server by default, while other modules are optional and can be purchased separately.
The additional modules available for ABBYY FineReader Server 14 are listed in the table below.
|Export to FineReader internal format||This module allows you to export images and recognized data into a FineReader internal format compatible with FineReader Engine.|
|Export to XML||This module allows you to export data to XML.|
|Export to Microsoft SharePoint||This module allows you to save output files to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.|
|CJK||This module allows you to recognize texts in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.|
|FineReader XIX||This module allows recognition of texts printed in Gothic fonts and texts in the following Old European languages: Old English, Old French, Old German, Old Italian, and Old Spanish.|
|Hebrew||This module allows you to recognize texts in Hebrew.|
|Thai||This module allows you to recognize texts in Thai.|
|Open API||This module allows you to use the following integration features: COM-based API, Web services API, and XML tickets.|
|Microsoft Search IFilter||This module adds Microsoft Search IFilter.|
For additional licensing information, please contact the ABBYY office in your region.