Restarting Services Under a User Account
Selecting a user account
By default the Server Manager and Processing Station services are run under the Local System account. You should restart the services under a user account in the following cases:
- If the Server Manager and the Processing Stations will be installed on different computers in a workgroup network.
- If the Input folder (from which the images will be imported by FineReader Server) and the Output folder and the Exceptions folder (to which the documents will be published by FineReader Server) are located on a computer different from that on which the Server Manager is installed.
In this case you should run the Server Manager and Processing Stations under a user account which has read/write access to these folders.
- If you are going to configure FineReader Server to save output documents to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
In this case you should run the Server Manager and Processing Stations under a user account which has read/write access to the SharePoint Server libraries.
- If you are going to configure FineReader Server to import images from an Exchange Mailbox, send output documents by e-mail, or send notifications to the administrator by e-mail.
The user account, under which you choose to run the services, must meet the following requirements:
- In the case of a domain-based network, it must be a domain user account.
- In the case of a workgroup network, this user account must be the Administrator or a member of the Power Users group with a non-empty password.
- This user must have read/write access to the Input, Output and Exceptions folders of all workflows set up on the Server.
For example, you can create a special user account that will be used only by FineReader Server and grant all the necessary permissions to this account.
Restarting services under a user account
To restart the Server Manager under another user account:
- Open Services (Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services).
- Right-click the ABBYY FineReader Server 14 – Server Manager service and then click Properties.
- On the Log On tab, select This account and specify a user account.
- Type the password for the user account in the Password box and in the Confirm password box and click OK.
- Restart the Server Manager.
The same actions must be performed to restart the Processing Station under another user account.
After restarting the services, do the following:
- Close the Remote Administration Console component and run it again.
- Open the Processing Station Properties dialog box for each Processing Station in the Details pane of the Processing Stations node. Make sure that the current connection status is Connected. Click OK.
- Click the Refresh button on the toolbar in the main window of the Remote Administration Console.