How to Configure Verification
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 includes Verification Stations that allow you to check and correct the recognized text. The documents that require verification arrive at the Verification Station automatically after they are assembled. Detailed information about Verification Station operation can be found in the Verification Station Help.
The verification settings in the FineReader Server are specified for each workflow. For each FineReader Server workflow, you can select one of the following options on the 4. Quality Control tab of the Workflow Properties dialog box:
- No verification — verification will not be performed after document assembly and no documents will be routed to a Verification Station.
- Verify all documents — all documents will be queued for verification after they are assembled.
- Verify only documents where the number of low-confidence characters N % on at least one page — only documents that contain pages recognized with low confidence will be queued for verification.
If you create a workflow with verification enabled, by default all users are allowed to verify pages from this workflow, which means that if there are some pages queued for verification, any user who runs a Verification Station will receive a page from the workflow.
However, it is possible to restrict the verification permissions for a workflow, so that only a limited number of users (so-called "Verifiers") may verify pages from this workflow.
To restrict the verification permissions for a workflow:
- Select the workflow in the Workflows node and click (Properties) on the toolbar, or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- In the Workflow Properties dialog box navigate to the 4. Quality Control tab and click the Assign Operators... button.
- In the Assigned Operators dialog box, select the option Restrict access to this workflow for all users except the operators listed below and then select the desired verifiers from the list. If a username you need is not on the list, you should first add it to the list of FineReader Server verifiers.
- Click OK and save the workflow properties.
To add a verifier to the FineReader Server:
- In the Users node click (Add User) or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the user name in DOMAIN\username or COMPUTER\username format.
- Select the Verifier option and then select the workflows this user should be allowed to verify.
- Select the option Allow the user to choose workflows on the stations if you want the user to be able to select which workflows to verify.
- Click OK and then click (Refresh) button. The new verifier will be added to the Users node.
Using the Verification Station in a workgroup network
If the Verification Station and the Server Manager are installed on different computers in a workgroup network, the following requirements should be met:
- The user account under which the Verification Station is run must be the Administrator or a member of the Power Users group with a non-empty password.
- On the computer on which the Server Manager is installed, there must exist user accounts with the same usernames and passwords as those of the users who will run the Verification Station.
11/29/2022 5:26:42 PM