Hardware protection keys
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 can work with licenses stored in SafeNet iKey and Wibu-Systems CmDongle USB keys.
To activate FineReader Server using a USB key, do the following:
- Install a hardware license on the USB key that you will be using (iKey or Wibu). This is done using License Manager, a utility provided separately from the ABBYY FineReader Server 14 installation package.
- Install ABBYY FineReader Server 14 and make sure that you have the appropriate drivers installed.
- The Wibu-Systems CmDongle drivers will be installed automatically.
- For a SafeNet iKey USB key, you will need to install additional drivers from the ABBYY FineReader Server 14 installation package.
- Plug your USB key into a computer where the Server Manager is installed. The program will take about a minute to load the license data, after which your license should appear in the node on the Remote Administration Console.
Note. USB keys cannot be used with virtual machines.