The figure below shows the main window of the Remote Administration Console, where you can configure and monitor the operation of ABBYY FineReader Server.
The menu bar at the top of the window contains the main MMC commands. The toolbar beneath the menu bar provides quick access to the main ABBYY FineReader Server functions. The set of buttons available on the toolbar will change depending on which node is selected.
The main window is divided into three main panes - a console tree, a details pane, and an actions pane.
- The console tree displays the ABBYY FineReader Server nodes:
- ABBYY FineReader Servers
- FineReader Server
- Job Log
- Scanning Stations
- Processing Stations
- Verification Stations
- Indexing Stations
- Event Log
- The details pane displays details for the selected node in the console tree.
- The FineReader Server node contains links to dialog boxes that contain server settings and some additional data.
- When you select the Workflows node or the Job Log node in the console tree, additional information about the selected workflow or job is displayed at the bottom of the pane and an additional toolbar appears at the top of the pane.
- The Stations node contains brief descriptions of all station types.
- The actions pane displays the actions available for the selected item in the console tree or in the details pane. An alternative way to see the list of available actions is to right-click an item.
Depending on which node is currently selected in the console tree, some of the buttons may become unavailable and appear dimmed or not appear at all.
The buttons of the toolbar