Processing Server and Processing Stations setup
The Processing Server is set up in the Processing server Monitor, an application that is automatically installed with the server.
To set up the Processing Server:
- Launch the Processing Server Monitor by selecting Start → All Programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers → Processing Server.
- Add the server by selecting Actions → Add Server....
- Provide the path to the Application Server (Actions → Properties).
- Start the Processing Server (Actions → Start)
Note: To start the Processing Server, the Administrator must issue the user account permissions, under which the server is running (i.e. $).
- Create the list of Processing Stations, specify their properties, and start them:
- To add a station, go to the Stations node in the Processing Server tree and select Actions → Add Stations...
- To set up a station, select it in the overall list of stations and from its shortcut menu, select Properties.
- Specify the required station parameters: launch, priority, possible task types, etc.
- If required, create a station group or groups. To do this, select Station groups in the tree and click . In the dialog box that opens, specify a group name and select the desired stations.
Important! The maximum number of simultaneous process (Maximum number of processes field) may not be greater than the allowed number of processes (Allowed number of processes field). At the same time, the total number of simultaneous process on all Processing Stations may not be greater than allowed by your license. If you attempt to start more stations, they will not run.
Generally the Processing Stations and the Processing Server can run under different accounts. Though by default or if they are started under the Network Service, the Processing Stations run under the same account as the Processing Server. The permissions are granted to the stations by the Processing Server when the stations are connected to the server.
Important! System time on the Processing Server and on the Processing Stations must be synchronized. If the difference in system time is greater than 24 hours, the Processing Stations won't start.
Information about the type of the task (import from a Hot Folder, preprocessing, export), the time of starting the task execution, the batch name, the execution progress, the status, the priority, the author and the name of the station where the task is executed as well as a path to the project are available in the list of the tasks.
The status Successfully indicates that the task completed without errors. If an error occurs during the task execution, the status Failed is assigned to the task. The status is also displayed in the form of an icon next to the task name.
Note: If information messages, warnings or errors appear during the task execution, but the task execution is still considered successful (problems are not critical for the task), you can trace states of such tasks by task icons. For example, such a situation can occur if non-obligatory export failed because access to the data receiver was denied.
The View Log item opens an additional window with detailed information on all actions executed by the program during processing a selected task. For example, you can trace how a required Document Definition is selected during recognition, or examine information messages and warnings.
The list of all events can be saved as a text file (*.txt). For this, select the Export List... item.
By default the Processing Server Monitor is configured so that information about successfully completed tasks is deleted from the tasks list automatically. In the File → Settings... dialog you can also configure the settings for displaying tasks and deleting them from the tasks list. If full statistics of tasks execution on the Processing Server need to be kept, deselect the Remove completed tasks from the list option.