Training by users with project setup permissions
During training on training batches, the Administrator collects a batch of sample invoices from one vendor and trains the program while processing them. If the results of such training are unsatisfactory, the Administrator can switch to the batch view and take advantage of the expanded selection of training tools this view provides. When the training process ends, the Administrator can forbid Operators to train ABBYY FlexiCapture for Invoices on invoices from the given vendor.
Training is only available if ABBYY FlexiCapture can reliably identify the vendor by finding the corresponding record in a vendor database. If you have no vendor databases but still want to use field training, you can accumulate company information by adding records to your data sets while capturing invoices. For more information, see Looking up vendors and business units in the database.
Note: The actions described in this section can only be performed by Administrators or users who have the permissions to set up projects in ABBYY FlexiCapture for Invoices.
The training batch view displays all images that have been added. To open this view, click (Open Field Extraction Training Batches) on the toolbar or select View → Open Field Extraction Training Batches.
The program will display a list of all Document Variants for which Operators added sample images.
The invoice's type is determined based on the vendor and has the same name as the vendor's company. To make searches easier, columns include information about the vendor, including VatID (the unique value-added tax identification number of the vendor), IBAN and the ID of the vendor in the external database.
You can manage Document Variants in this view. You can:
Manage sample images that are used for training FlexiLayout Variants
Double-click a Document Variant and select Open from the shortcut menu. A list of sample images for this Document Variant will be displayed.
Each sample image may be in one of the following three states:
- Unused - This sample image is not used
- For training - This sample image is used for training and testing the FlexiLayout Variant
- For testing - This sample image is used only for testing the FlexiLayout Variant
In this view, you need only one sample image to start training a FlexiLayout Variant. However, we recommend having at least three sample images in For training state.
If there is not enough sample images for training, load more images by clicking Load Images.... By default, any newly added images will be marked as Unused.
If the images you add are not recognized automatically, force-start the recognition process by clicking Recognize.
- Change the state of the images that you wish to use to For training. To change the state, select the images you need, right-click them, and then select Set Document State → For training. We recommend changing the state of all the sample images to For training if you have not trained this Document Variant before.
- Check the markup of the all regions and make any adjustments as may be necessary. This is important, because the positions of all the regions will be taken into account.
- Start training the FlexiLayout Variant. Either
- Select Fields Training → Train from the main menu, or
- Right-click anywhere in the list and select Train from the shortcut menu, or
- Switch into the training batch view and select Train from the shortcut menu of the Document Variant.
Training progress will be indicated in the Train Document Definition window. As a result of this training, a FlexiLayout Variant will be created. Next, the FlexiLayout Variant will be tested on all documents marked For training and For testing. The program will apply the FlexiLayout to each sample image (the user will not see this process) and compare the result with the reference layout (i.e. the layout created manually by the user). Then the quality of matching will be established.
If the new FlexiLayout Variant produces a better quality than the previous version of this FlexiLayout Variant and the Main FlexiLayout, the new FlexiLayout Variant will be saved and used for subsequent data capture.
If you think that some of the sample images adversely affect the training but you still want to use them for testing, change their state to For testing.
Make sure than at the time of training the regions of all fields on these sample images are located correctly. The testing process itself will not be visible to the user.
Export a FlexiLayout Variant to FlexiLayout Studio for manual fine-tuning
Right-click a desired Document Variant and select Export Trained FlexiLayout... from the shortcut menu.
You may need to do this if you can't achieve the desired results by just adding or removing sample images.
Import a FlexiLayout Variant from FlexiLayout Studio
Right-click a desired Document Variant and select Import FlexiLayout... from the shortcut menu.
You may need to do this if you have a FlexiLayout that has been created manually in FlexiLayout Studio for the Document Variant.
Forbid further training on invoices from a specific vendor
Right-click a desired Document Variant and select Lock Training by Operators from the shortcut menu.
You may need to do this if the FlexiLayout for the Document Variant has already been trained (or created manually) and no further training will be necessary during invoice processing.
Forbid using training results when processing invoices from a specific vendor
Right-click a desired Document Variant and select Disabled from the shortcut menu.
Select this option if you only want the Main FlexiLayout to be used when processing invoices from the Document Variant's vendor.
Create a new training batch
You may want to create a new training batch if you want to train a FlexiLayout variant before Operators start capturing invoices.
- Right-click an empty field in the training batch view and click New Batch... on the shortcut menu.
After the training batch has been created, choose its associated Document Definition (if your project uses multiple Document Definitions) and the vendor for whose invoices the training results will be used.
- If there is more than one Document Definition in your project, select the desired Document Definition in the Select Document Definition dialog box (right-click the batch and click Change Document Definition... on the shortcut menu).
- Choose a Vendor for the training batch in the Look up Training Batch Vendor dialog box (right-click the batch and click Change Vendor... on the shortcut menu).
The list of batches in the training batch view includes the VendorID and Document Definition columns. The values in these columns determine the Document Definitions and Vendors of training batches.
Note: It is important to recognize documents in a batch using only the Document Definition assigned to the batch.
To change the vendor or Document Definition of a training batch, right-click it and click Change Vendor... or Change Document Definition... on the shortcut menu.
The Clear Document Definition shortcut menu command unassigns the Document Definition of a batch. A batch without a Document Definition cannot be used for training.
- Add documents to the training batch (you can do this in several ways, such as using the Load Images... shortcut menu command. New documents will be automatically recognized.
- Check whether field regions were detected correctly and adjust them if necessary.
- Select the documents you want to use for training the FlexiLayout variant, right-click one of them and click Set Document State → For training.
- Start training the FlexiLayout variant. There are several ways to do this:
- In the main window, open the Fields Training menu and click Train;
- Right-click an empty spot in the list and click Train on the shortcut menu.
- Open the training batch view, right-click a FlexiLayout variant and click Train on the shortcut menu.
Note: Disable the Use own recognition settings of FlexiLayout option to synchronize settings of the full-text recognition of trained batch alternatives and Document Definitions. This will let you use unified settings and process documents faster.
You can see the state of each Document Variant in the State column in the list of training batches. At least three sample images are required in order to train a FlexiLayout Variant. Until that time, the words Collecting samples will be displayed in the State column next to the Document Variant. Once a variant has been trained and the program is satisfied with its quality, its state will change to Stable.
11/10/2020 12:08:04 PM