Operators of ABBYY FlexiCapture
Operator is a user of ABBYY FlexiCapture for whom a document processing role and corresponding permissions have been specified. The Operators' access permissions differ depending on their areas of responsibility. An Operator's access permissions depend on the Operator's role.
The following roles are available in ABBYY FlexiCapture (each role is set up for the current project):
- Scanning Operator - an Operator in this role can work on a Scanning Station
- Data Verification Operator - an Operator in this role can work on a Data Verification Station and on a Verification Station
- Verification Operator - an Operator in this role can work on a Verification Station (only data checks, assembly errors, and rule validation are accessible to the Operator)
- Senior Verification Operator - an Operator in this role can work on a Verification Station (the entire functionality of the station is accessible to the Operator)
- Monitoring Operator - an Operator in this role can work in the Administration and Monitoring Console (all features are accessible except setup)
- Project Setup Editor - an Operator in this role can work on a Project Setup Station
- Operators Manager - an Operator in this role can work in the Administration and Monitoring Console, with only the Users, Groups, and Requests tabs available on the Settings page. An Operators Manager can also set up access permissions and assign Operator roles
- Administrator - an Operator in this role can work in the Administration and Monitoring Console (the entire functionality of the console is accessible to the Administrator). Besides, the Administrator can access any station in the system and the Administrator permissions apply to all projects uploaded to the Application Server, not only to the current ones.
Note: If necessary, the Administrator may configure user roles that will be displayed in the general list of roles (for details, see Custom Operator roles).
A role defines the set of stations accessible to the Operator in this role, as well as the queues from which the Operator may get tasks during document processing.
The roles of Administrator and Monitoring Operator apply to the entire system. Other Operator roles apply only to individual projects. Additionally, the roles of Scanning Operator, Data Verification Operator, and Senior Verification Operator have different access permissions to batches of different types. Thus, a user may simultaneously have the following roles:
- Project A: Project setup Operator
- Project B:
- Type 1 batches: Senior Verification Operator
- Type 2 batches: Data Verification Operator