Adding page images
Document processing starts with importing images, i.e. adding document page images to the project. The images arrive either from a Scanning Station or are taken automatically from Hot Folders. Additionally, images can be fed to the program by:
- Loading previously saved images from files
- Scanning paper documents
- Importing images using one of the image import profiles previously configured by the Administrator (see Image import profiles).
Important!Before you start, please familiarize yourself with the list of input image formats supported by ABBYY FlexiCapture.
To add the images to a batch, right-click the batch and select the corresponding menu item from the shortcut menu.
To load images from file, select the Load Images menu item or use the Ctrl+O shortcut. In the dialog box that opens, select the required image files and configure the image import options:
- Create new document New documents will be created for added images.
- Add to current document Images will be added to the currently selected document.
- You can also select image pre-processing options. Click the Image Processing Settings... button and select the desired options in the dialog box that opens. For details, see Image pre-processing options.
To add images using a scanner, select the Scan Images... menu item. Choose a scanner, configure the scanning options, and scan the necessary document pages.
Using import profiles to add images
After you select Import Images..., the Select Import Profile dialog box opens. Select the desired import profile from the list and click the Import button to start importing images.
If you want to import images in the background, see Image import profiles.