Anchor barcode - static element.
Important! A barcode can be highlighted as a field or as a static element. This depends on the barcode value in the documents being processed: if it is for Document Definition matching or identification, you need to create it in static elements mode. If a barcode is intended for data capture, you have to create it in field marking mode. Barcode properties differ depending on whether it is a field or static element. This section describes the properties of a static element an anchor barcode, see also barcode field.
To highlight an anchor barcode:
- Switch to static elements mode
- Select from the toolbar
- Position the cursor in the corner of a barcode, left-click and drag the cursor diagonally to the opposite corner
use Shift-Click in the barcode region.
Properties of an anchor barcode
To modify the properties of an anchor barcode:
- Highlight the barcode
- Right-click in the barcode region and select the Properties... item from the shortcut menu
- Modify properties in the dialog box that opens:
On the General tab:
- Use for Document Definition matching this option must be enabled for the program to use the barcode for Document Definition matching
- Use for Document Definition identification enable this option to use the barcode for Document Definition identification
- Value if you are using an anchor barcode as an identifier, you can set its value. To automatically insert a value, click the Hint button
- Required for Document Definition matching if this option is selected, the Document Definition will be matched only if the barcode is matched. Select this option if there are many very similar Document Definitions in the batch that can be distinguished only by the values of their barcodes or even by the values of one of their several barcodes. In this case, selecting this option will speed up Document Definition selection. Do not select this option if you wish the Document Definition to be matched even if there is no barcode or if it is too faint.
On the Recognition tab:
- Code type specify the barcode type (this is normally determined automatically)
- Orientation specify the barcode orientation.
- You can also configure barcode image processing options:
- Invert inverts the image
- Remove texture - removes texture
- Despeckle enable this option to remove garbage from the image
- Clear the garbage of specified size only enable this option if you want to remove garbage of only specified size. Specify garbage size. If this option is disabled and only the Despeckle option is enabled, garbage size will be selected automatically.