The properties of a project can be viewed and changed in a separate dialog box that opens when you select Project → Project Properties... in the main window.
- The General tab displays the general properties of the project: the name of the project, the path to the project files, a description of the project, a default batch priority and image display quality. You can also specify the root folder for exporting to files in the Export root path field and configure tool settings.
- The Stage Tools tab contains the list of stage tools that can be used in the Advanced schema of the Workflow setup. A stage tool is a stage with a set of scripts and a customizable interface. You can both edit base stage tools and create custom tools. See Stage Tools for details.
- The Image Processing tab displays the image pre-processing options. These options apply to images that are added manually from a file. You can change these options if required. See Image pre-processing options for details.
- On the Recognition tab, you can specify the language of your documents. By default, only the languages for which dictionaries are provided are shown. To see all the available languages, select the Show all languages option. The languages that have the letters "ICR" next to them can be used for recognizing handwritten and hand-printed as well as machine-printed text. If the language of your documents is not known in advance, you can specify several candidate languages from which the program will choose the right one at the recognition stage.
Important! Specifying too many languages may slow down document processing and may result in recognition errors.
On this tab you can also add a FlexiLayout classifier to your project.
- Advanced recognition settings…
- You may select one or several options from the Correct page orientation, if page group for a page to rotate 180°, 90° clockwise or 90° counter-clockwise when its orientation is selected automatically.
- If necessary, specify the way a blank form will print (Typographic, Matrix printer, Typewriter) in the Text type section and select the Use pattern option to add a sample pattern.
- Barcodes. Parameters of barcode processing:
- Disable barcode extraction. Select this option if barcodes should not be found on images. This will speed up document recognition considerably.
- Extract 2D barcodes: Data Matrix, Aztec, QR Code. Select this option if your images contain barcodes of specified types. If the option is not selected, Data Matrix, Aztec, and QR Code barcodes will not be found on images.
- Extract post barcodes. Select this option if your images contain postal barcodes. If this option is not selected, postal barcodes will not be found on images.
Important! Extracting postal barcodes slows down recognition.
- CJK pre-recognition
- Separated furigana mode. Select this option to improve recognition of phonetic tips (furigana) in the Japanese language.
- Named entity recognition: Extract named entities – extraction of information using NLP methods.
Note: Requires an NLP module and a specific license type.
- Vertical text extraction – Vertical text extraction parameters:
- Extract for all languages – Detects vertically-oriented text written in any of the supported languages.
- Do not extract – Prevents the detection of vertically-oriented text.
- Extract for CJK languages – Detects vertical text written in Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
- Click the Advanced... button to configure correction of linear and nonlinear distortions of images, specify direction of scanner's automatic feeder, etc.
Note: Select the Correct linear distortion option to specify parameters of image spreading/compression by height and width. Images are scaled by existing anchors (black square, cross or corner) as well as horizontal and vertical separators.
- In the Classification section, specify whether to use a classifier or a script for the project.
- On the Verification tab, select the Group fields on Field Verification option to group fields in this stage. Fields are grouped according to the name of the field or the group specified in the verification properties.
- On the Export Destinations tab, you can specify, view or modify export settings for documents that have not been recognized. Recognized documents will be exported using the export setting, specified in the respective Document Definition.
- On the Workflow tab, you can set up your workflows (for the "default" batch type). See Workflow setup for details.
- The Event Handlers tab contains the list of events that can be handled with the help of a script. To create an event handler, select an event from the list and click the Edit Script... button. In the Script Editor window that will open, write the script text. See Event Handlers for details.
- On the User Roles tab, you can add user roles who can process stages based on custom Stage Tools. On the User Roles tab, you can add and edit user roles, which define users' permissions to access to documents, batches, and tasks in various stages, including those created from the custom stage tool.
- On the .Net References tab, you can add external assemblies to be used in scripts and global modules. Both standard and compiled user assemblies can be used. To add an assembly, click Add.... In the dialog box that opens select the type: Standard assembly name or Attached file. Depending on the selected type either enter the standard assembly name or browse to an assembly file. See External assemblies for details.
- On the Environment Variables tab, you can specify environment variables to be used in rules, export settings, and scripts. For details, see Environment variables.
11/15/2022 10:12:44 AM