Adding and recognizing images
Invoice processing begins with adding document images.
Note: Added images have to be separated into documents before processing starts. You can configure document separation in the import settings See Image import profiles
There are several ways to do this:
- Scanning hardcopy documents with a scanner
- Adding existing scans from a folder
- Using an image importing profile that was specified by the Administrator (import images from a scanner, a Hot Folder or an e-mail inbox).
To read more about each way to import images, See Adding page images.
Recognition begins automatically after images have been added.
A recognized invoice will be named Invoice and the Invoice Status and Certainly Recognized Characters columns will be completed (the Invoice Status column will be completed if this action was allowed by the Administrator).
What to do if documents are not recognized automatically
Select the documents, open the Recognition menu and click Recognize.
To enable automatic recognition, enable the Recognize added images automatically on the Document Processing tab (Tools → Options...).
If documents are named <Unknown> after recognition
- Check the Processing Notes column to see why the document was not recognized.
Example: Check the recognition language. This means that the language of the invoice is not supported. Contact your Administrator.
- Open the document and make sure it is an invoice.
- Apply the Document Definition manually:
- Right-click the document and select Match Document Definition... from the shortcut menu. A dialog box with a list of Document Definitions will open.
- Select Document Definition from the list and click OK.