Exporting images to a file
To export images to a file:
- In the Document Definition Editor window, select Document Definition → Export Settings...
- Click Add... and select Export to image files in the Type field.
- Specify whether export is obligatory.
- Specify which documents (with and/or without errors) should be exported and click Next>.
- Specify the export parameters and click Next>. You can also specify fields to redact before exporting data. The adjustable export parameters depend on the value specified in the Target field:
- Recreate filenames and structure of Hot Folder subfolders,
If you select this value, the folder structure will mimic that in the Hot Folder the document images had been imported from. When configuring this export type, select the folder to mimic the Hot Folder structure in the Export path field.
- Export documents as separate files,
Select this value to export each document to a separate file:
- Specify the path and the first characters of the file name in the File prefix field;
- For each batch to be exported to a separate folder, select Create a separate folder for each batch.
- Create folder structure and filename using template,
If you select this value, file names and the subfolder structure will form depending on the document parameters.
- Specify the root export path in the Export path.
- Specify the file naming options. To do it, click Edit... and specify the necessary rules. For more information, see Export file naming options.
- In the If file exists field, select the action for the program to carry out if a file with the generated name already exists.
The export path is specified relative to the root folder specified in Project Properties. You only need to specify a name of subfolder to which images will be saved. If you need to use the export path with is different from the root path in Project Properties, you need to specify the export path in UNC format (\\computer_name\share_name[\path]). Also, make sure all the stations involved in exporting have access to the specified location. Export errors will occur, if the path is specified in the following format: \[path].
- Specify image storage options and click Next>.
- Select the desired image format, quality, and color.
- To change the resolution of the source images, select Change resolution to and select the appropriate value from the list.
- Enter an export profile name and click Finish.