In ABBYY FlexiCapture, documents are processed in batches. Batches can be created automatically or manually when scanning documents or importing document images. Each batch must be assigned a type, which determines the document processing settings to be used for the batch. You can create multiple batch types for the most commonly used combinations of document processing settings. An operator will then select the batch type that best suits his/her document processing needs.
You can use multiple batch types within one project. Batch types are created in the Create New Batch Type dialog box.
To open the Create New Batch Type dialog box:
- Start the Project Setup Station by clicking Start → All programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations → Project Setup Station) and open a project from the server (File → Open Project from Server....
- On the Project menu, click Batch Types.... .
- In the Batch Types dialog box, click New....
New batch types will be automatically uploaded to the Application Server and will become available to the operators.
The options available in the properties dialog box of a batch type are described below.
- On the General tab, you can provide a name and description for your batch type and specify the default priority of the batch type, the image quality to be used when displaying images on Processing Stations, and registration parameters.
- On the Image Processing tab, you can specify how documents should be separated, which preprocessing procedures should applied to images, and whether or not blank pages should be deleted.
- On the Recognition tab, you can specify in which order to apply Document Definitions and document sets, specify recognition settings, select a classifier, and enable the NLP feature if you need to extract named entities.
- On the Event Handlers tab, you can select and edit event handlers.
- On the Verification tab, you can group fields for field verification and select the language to be used for rule validation errors.
- On the Export tab, you can specify how documents should be exported. If no batch type is specified, batches will be exported using the default settings.
- On the Workflow tab, you can set up workflows.
- On the .Net References tab, you can add external assemblies.
Use all Document Definitions
Use selected Document Definitions
To speed up FlexiLayout matching, select the Use first acceptable FlexiLayout option. If this option is not selected, the program will attempt to match all of the available FlexiLayouts and select the best match.
Note: The Use first acceptable FlexiLayout option may be also selected in the Default batch type.
Note: To enable operators to work with newly created batch types, the Administrator must specify which batch types are available to which operators. This can be done when assigning operator roles.