Print quality requirements
When you print blank forms, keep in mind the following requirements:
- The forms must be printed either professionally or using a printer. We recommend that color forms be printed professionally. If this is impossible, test the form color on a scanner before starting your print run.
- All the copies of the form must be printed using the same source document, as the field location on each form must be identical.
- The minimum margin size (i.e. the distance between the edge of the page and the nearest form element) should be at least 8 mm (12 mm margins are recommended).
- The permitted linear deviation of form elements is no more than 0.15% ( i.e. 0.5 mm for an A4-size page).
- If you print your forms using a printer, do not print them with a resolution less than 600 dpi.
- We recommend printing the forms with the help of the same scanner or different scanners of the same model.
Tip. We do not recommend copying machine-readable forms using copying equipment. Use of such equipment can slightly change dimensions of elements on the form or their arrangement, for example, table or entry fields borders may become thicker, or color depth may change, which might be detrimental to recognition quality.