Migrating from FlexiCapture Engine to FlexiCapture SDK
This article will help you migrate your code from ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine and want to migrate to ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK. Please back up your code and projects you used before starting upgrade.
ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK is not binary compatible with ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine, so you will need to recompile your application and most probably make some changes to your code as well.
If you were using the IEngineLoader interface to load the library in ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine, you do not need to make any changes.
However, if you were working with the obsolete Initialize/InitializeEx functions, you will have to switch to the GetEngineLoader function as ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK does not support the obsolete initialization methods.
See the Different Ways to Load Engine section for more details.
If you worked with FlexiCapture Project
ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 SDK works with FlexiCapture projects created in of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 SDK or ABBYY FlexiCapture.
If the project was created in a later version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 SDK or ABBYY FlexiCapture, you will not be able to use it in the current ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 SDK release. If the project is created in earlier versions of these products, please call the UpdateProject method of the Engine object to update your project. After that, use FlexiCapture SDK in the same way you used FlexiCapture Engine.
If you worked with FlexiCapture Processor
In FlexiCapture Engine, you could use FlexiCapture Processor to work with documents not belonging to any project or batch. In FlexiCapture SDK you can only work via a FlexiCapture project with a set of Document Definitions. Follow the steps below to migrate your code from FlexiCapture Engine to FlexiCapture SDK:
- Create a new FlexiCapture project. You can do it in FlexiCapture Developer's Package or use the CreateProject method of the Engine object.
- Open the project in FlexiCapture SDK using the OpenProject method of the Engine object.
- Load the Document Definitions you have been using into the project calling the LoadFromFile method of the DocumentDefinitions object.
- Add a new batch to the project by calling the AddNew method of the Batches object.
- Add the images for processing using the AddImage method of the Batch object.
- Recognize the images using the Recognize method of the Project object or Recognize method of the Batch object.
- Process the documents of the batch as you used to work with documents in FlexiCapture Processor.
- Run the verification process to check the recognized data: call the StartVerification method of the Project object or the StartVerification method of the Batch object.
- Export the results: call the Export method of the Project object or the Export method of the Batch object.
Getting started with a Preconfigured ABBYY FlexiCapture Project