Recognize Method of the Batch Object
This method performs recognition of the documents from the batch. You can process all the documents from the batch or specify particular documents or document sections to recognize. Depending on the selected recognition mode the method performs full recognition procedure (selects a Document Definition, applies it and performs data recognition), or fulfill only some steps of the procedure (recognition of all the specified document batches or only changed ones).
Visual Basic .NET
Sub Recognize( _ DocIds As IntsCollection, _ Mode As RecognitionModeEnum, _ Sections As SectionDefinitionsCollection _ )
HRESULT Recognize( IIntsCollection* DocIds, RecognitionModeEnum Mode, ISectionDefinitionsCollection* Sections );
- [in] This parameter refers to the IntsCollection object that contains a set of indices of the recognizing documents. This parameter may be 0, in which case all the documents of the batch are recognized.
- [in] This variable of the RecognitionModeEnum type specifies the mode of recognition. This parameter may be 0, which means the full recognition mode is selected.
- [in] This parameter refers to the SectionDefinitionsCollection object that specifies the sections of the applied Document Definition to recognize. This parameter may be 0, in which case all the sections are recognized.
This method has no specific return values. It returns the standard return values of ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK functions.
- During this method call documents in the batch can be reorganized, e.g. documents can be merged or split depending on the Document Definitions applied to them, also some document identifiers can be changed.
- To recognize documents from several batches, use the Recognize method of the Project object.
C++ (COM) code
// Global ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK Engine object. FCEngine::IEnginePtr Engine; ... // Open the project FCEngine::IProjectPtr project = Engine->OpenProject("D:\\TestProject\\TestProject.fcproj"); // Add new batch FCEngine::IBatchPtr batch = project->Batches->AddNew( L"TestBatch" ); // Open the batch batch->Open(); // Add images to the batch ... //Recognize documents batch->ApplyDocumentDefinitions( 0, VARIANT_FALSE, 0 ); batch->Recognize( 0, Engine::RM_ReRecognizeMinimal, 0 );
This method is used in the following code samples: Hello.