- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עִברִית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Group work with OCR projects
ABBYY FineReader provides tools for working on documents together with other users over a network. Multiple users can share the same user languages and dictionaries created for these languages.
To make user dictionaries and languages available to multiple users:
- Create/open an OCR project and select desired scanning and OCR options for the project.
- Specify a folder where user dictionaries will be stored. This folder should be accessible to all users.
By default, user dictionaries are stored in %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FineReader\14.00\FineReaderShell\UserDictionaries.
To specify a different folder for user dictionaries:
- On the Areas and Text tab of the Options dialog box (click Tools > Options...to open this dialog box), click the User Dictionaries... button.
- In the dialog box that opens, click the Browse... button and specify the path to your folder.
- Save the user patterns and languages to a file (*.fbt):
- Click the Recognition Languages tab in the Options dialog box (click Tools > Options... to open this dialog box).
- Click Save Patterns and Languages....
- In the Save Options dialog box, specify a folder where the file will be stored. This folder should be accessible to all users.
- Now other users can access the user languages and dictionaries. To do so, they need to load the *.fbt file you created in step 3 and specify the path to the folder with the user dictionaries you created in step 2.
To be able to access the user dictionaries, patterns, and languages, users must have read/write permissions for the folders where they are stored.
To see the list of available user languages and their parameters, click the Recognition Languages tab in the Options dialog box (click Tools > Options... to open this dialog box).
When a user language is being used by several users, users can add words or delete words from the corresponding dictionary, but they cannot change the properties of this language.
When a user dictionary is being edited by a user, other users can use this dictionary to perform OCR and check spelling, but they cannot add or remove words.
Any changes a user makes to a user dictionary will become available to all users who have selected the folder where this dictionary is stored. For the changes to come into effect, users will need to restart ABBYY FineReader.