- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עִברִית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
About ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader 14 is a one-stop solution for working with paper documents and all types of PDF documents, combining powerful Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and PDF viewing and editing functionality.
ABBYY FineReader 14 features
- Scan and convert documents
Scan and convert paper and PDF documents into editable formats (including Microsoft® Word, Microsoft Excel®, searchable PDF, and many more) for further editing and re-use.
- The OCR technology used in ABBYY FineReader quickly and accurately recognizes text and retains the original formatting of any document. ABBYY FineReader retains the structure of original documents, including their formatting, hyperlinks, e-mail addresses, headers, footers, captions, page numbers, and footnotes.
- ABBYY FineReader offers a built-in text editor, which allows you to compare recognized texts against their original images and make any necessary changes to the content or formatting. If you are not satisfied with the results of automatic processing, you can manually specify image areas to capture and train the program to recognize less common or unusual fonts.
- ABBYY FineReader can recognize photos of text documents obtained with a digital camera or a mobile phone. You can use additional image preprocessing settings to improve the quality of your photos and get even more accurate OCR results.
- Work with any type of PDF documents, including document scans.
- With ABBYY FineReader, you can:
- Edit text and pictures
- Carry out searches in the body text and in comments, bookmarks and metadata
- Rearrange pages in PDF documents
- Copy text, tables, and pictures from scans or photos
- Add comments and annotations to documents
- Sign documents with a digital signature
- Protect PDF documents with passwords
- Remove sensitive information from documents
- Create PDF documents specifically adapted for long-term storage (e.g. in digital archives)
- Fill out PDF forms
- Compare texts to identify differences between two versions of the same document.*
- ABBYY FineReader 14 can compare two versions of the same document even if they are available to you in two different formats. For example, you can compare a document scan and its Word version.
- Convert documents automatically with ABBYY Hot Folder.*
- ABBYY Hot Folder is a scheduling application provided with ABBYY FineReader 14 that automatically processes documents in user-defined folders.
- Take a snapshot of any part of the screen with ABBYY Screenshot Reader. If a screenshot contains text, it can be extracted and saved to an editable format.**
* This feature is not available in some versions of ABBYY FineReader 14. Please visit http://www.ABBYY.com/FineReader for more information.
** To use ABBYY Screenshot Reader, you must register your copy of ABBYY FineReader 14.