- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עִברִית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
The PDF Editor allows you to sign documents digitally and to validate any digital signature in a document. A digital signature is used to establish the identity of the person that signed the document. Additionally, a digital signature can be used to make sure that a signed document has not been altered.
To sign a document:
- On the main toolbar, click > Add Digital Signature....
- Select the certificate to be used from the Sign as drop-down list. To view the properties of a certificate, select it and click Show Certificate....
If the certificate you want to use is not in the list, you will have to install it. To install a certificate, right-click it in Windows Explorer, click Install Certificate on the shortcut menu, and follow the instructions in the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Select your reason for signing the document from the Reason drop-down list or type a new reason.
- If required, in the Location and Contact fields, specify the place of signing and your contact details.
- Select Add custom image to digital signature if you want your signature to include an image. Then click the Select Image... button to browse to an image file. The image will appear to the left of the signature.
- Click Sign.
- Select the area where you want to place the signature or simply click the desired location.
- Save the document.
A signature contains information about the version of the document at the time of signing. If you add a new signature to an already signed document, the previously added signatures will remain valid.
To view the properties of a signature in a document:
- Right-click the signature and click Show Signature Properties... on the shortcut menu, or
- Double-click the signature in the Digital Signatures pane.
When you open a PDF document, ABBYY FineReader automatically validates the digital signatures in the document, if any. Validation results will be displayed in the Digital Signatures pane, which also contains detailed information about the signatures used in the document.
To delete a signature:
- Right-click the signature and click Remove Signature on the shortcut menu.
You can only delete a signature from a document if you have the corresponding digital certificate.
You can add more than one digital signature to a document.