- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Splitting by bookmarks
The PDF Editor lets you split a PDF document using only its top level bookmarks. One new document will be created for each top level bookmark.
To split a PDF document by bookmarks, do the following:
- Use the PDF Editor to open the document and then select File > Split Document...
- In the dialog box that will open:
- Specify the Split method > By bookmarks (first level оnly).
- Select the file naming method from the File name drop-down list:
- Same as bookmark name names the new documents according to the bookmarks. By default, new document names are numerated. Enable numeration before or after the name and specify the number of digits.
E.g. the parameters "Numeration: After name, Number of digits: 3" will generate the following document names: Introduction001.pdf, Chapter_1002.pdf, Chapter_2003.pdf etc., where Introduction, Chapter_1, and Chapter_2 are bookmark names.
Unchecking Add numeration will disable the numeration.
- Use Custom name to change the document name if needed. The names of all new documents are numerated at the end in order to keep them unique. Enable numeration before or after the name and specify the number of digits.
E.g. the parameters "Name: Document, Numeration: After name, Number of digits: 3" will generate the following document names: Document001.pdf, Document002.pdf, Document003.pdf, etc.
The name of the source document is used by default.
Attached files will be sent to a separate folder called Attachments in the same directory. Bookmarks are not retained in the new documents.
Once the splitting has been finished, the folder containing the new files will open in a new window.