- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Options dialog box
The Options dialog box contains a variety of options that let you decide how documents will be scanned, opened, recognized, and saved into various formats, as well as change OCR languages, the language of the interface, the print type of input documents, and some other options.
There are several ways to open the Options dialog box:
- In the New Task screen, click the Options button in the lower-left corner.
- In the New Task screen, click Tools > Options....
- In the PDF Editor, click Tools > Options....
- In the OCR Editor, click Tools > Options....
Buttons, links or commands that open the Options dialog box will also be available when you convert or scan files in the New Task screen, on toolbars and on shortcut menus of toolbars in the PDF Editor and the OCR Editor, and in the dialog boxes that appear when you save documents.
The Options dialog box has seven tabs, each of which contains settings specific to certain ABBYY FineReader functionality.
On this tab, you can:
- Choose which part of the program will open when you start ABBYY FineReader PDF 15: the New Task screen, the OCR Editor with a new OCR project, or the OCR Editor with the most recently used OCR project.
- Specify which device you want to use to get images, and choose a scanning interface.
ABBYY FineReader uses a built-in dialog box to display the scanning settings. If the scanning interface of ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 is incompatible with your scanner, you can use your scanner's native interface. The scanner's documentation should contain a description of this dialog box and its elements.
- Make FineReader the default program for opening PDF documents.
This tab contains three groups of options:
- Enable background recognition in the PDF Editor
When this option is enabled, all pages that are opened in the PDF Editor will be recognized automatically. This process runs in the background and adds a temporary text layer to PDF documents, making it possible to search them and copy their text.
Use the link at the bottom of this group to specify the language(s) of your document.
- Automatically process page images as they are added to the OCR Editor
This option enables or disables automatic processing of newly added pages. If automatic processing is enabled, you can select general document processing options and image preprocessing settings to be used when scanning and opening images:
- Recognize page images (includes preprocessing and analysis)
Newly added images in the OCR Editor will be preprocessed using the settings specified in the Image preprocessing settings (apply to conversion and OCR) group of options. Analysis and recognition will also be performed automatically.
- Analyze page images (includes preprocessing)
Image preprocessing and document analysis are performed automatically, but OCR has to be started manually.
- Preprocess page images
Only preprocessing is carried out automatically. Analysis and OCR have to be started manually.
- Image preprocessing settings (apply to conversion and OCR)
ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 lets you automatically remove common defects from scans and digital photos.
This tab contains OCR language options. See also: Document features to consider prior to OCR.
On this tab, you can select recognition options:
- The PDF recognition mode
- Whether to use thorough or fast recognition
- The type of the document
- Whether the program should detect structural elements (lets you choose which elements to preserve when exporting results to Microsoft Word)
- Whether the program should recognize barcodes
- Training (lets you use user patterns when recognizing texts)
- Fonts (lets you choose the fonts to be used in recognized texts)
On this tab, you can adjust the settings of output file formats. See also: Format settings.
On this tab, you can:
- Specify the interface language of ABBYY FineReader PDF 15.
- Specify how many processor cores FineReader may use for OCR.
- Specify whether ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 should automatically check for and install updates.
- Specify whether you want to send anonymized ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 configuration data to ABBYY for purposes of improving the software.
- Specify whether you want to see marketing messages in ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 dialog boxes.
- Specify whether ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 should automatically detect URLs in PDF documents.
Click Reset... at the bottom of the dialog box if you want to revert to the default settings.
On this tab you can:
- Specify verification settings for low-confidence characters.
- Specify verification settings for non-dictionary words:
- Ignore words with digits and special characters.
- Check non-dictionary compounds.
A compound word is a word made up of two or more words.
- Specify whether you want to correcting spaces before and after punctuation marks.
- View and edit user dictionaries.
- Choose a font for displaying plain text.
- Choose the color and thickness of frames of different area types in the Image window, the highlight color for low-confidence characters, and other display options.
* This tab is only available in the OCR Editor.
12/17/2020 1:21:38 AM