- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
About ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 is a universal PDF tool for managing documents in the digital workplace. Powered by ABBYY’s AI-based OCR and document-conversion technologies, FineReader unlocks the information contained within a document to increase business productivity. FineReader makes it easy and efficient to digitize, retrieve, edit, convert, protect, share, and collaborate on all kinds of PDF and paper documents in the modern working world.
What you can do with ABBYY FineReader PDF 15:
- Work with any type of PDF, including scanned documents
- Edit text (even whole paragraphs, also within table cells), hyperlinks, and pictures throughout a document.
- Search by keywords in the text, comments, bookmarks, and metadata within a document.
- Rearrange, add, delete and enhance (rotate, crop, deskew) pages in PDFs.
- Copy text, tables, and pictures from PDFs, scans, or photos in a few clicks.
- Export PDFs into Microsoft Word, Excel, or another editable format.
- Add comments and annotations to documents.
- Add watermarks, headers and footers, bates numbering, and stamps to PDFs.
- Apply and verify digital signatures.
- Protect PDFs with passwords and encryption.
- Remove sensitive information from documents through redaction.
- Create / combine PDF documents, including industry standards PDF/A for long-term archiving and PDF/UA for accessibility.
- Fill out PDF forms.
- View and print PDFs.
- Identify differences in the text from two versions of the same document, whether the versions be PDFs, scans, images, Microsoft Word documents, or any combination of supported digital files.
- Save and share these differences as a Microsoft Word document in Track Changes mode.
- Scan and convert documents
- Scan and convert PDF and paper documents into editable and searchable formats (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, searchable PDF, PDF/A, PDF/UA, and many more) to further edit, reuse, or store them.
- Convert paper documents, document images, and PDFs quickly and accurately - while retaining their original layout, formatting, and structure - with the advanced OCR Editor.
- Improve quality and correct distortions in the digital images of documents (scans/photographs) before converting them, either automatically or manually.
- Quickly check how recognized text matches up with the original document and make any necessary changes with a built-in text editor and verification tools before saving.
- Improve the accuracy of converting documents with advanced tools: adjust or specify document areas, train the program to recognize unusual or decorative fonts, and create user dictionaries and languages for specific terminology, abbreviations, codes, etc.
- Compare texts to identify differences between two versions of the same document*
- ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 can compare two versions of the same document even if they are in two different formats. For example, you can compare a scanned document and the same document in Microsoft Word (in either DOC and DOCX formats).
- Save and share the differences as a simple list of changes, as an entire Microsoft Word document in Track Changes mode, or as an entire PDF with highlighted text mark-ups and comments.
- Automate your personal document conversion routines with ABBYY Hot Folder*
- ABBYY Hot Folder is a conversion scheduling tool included with ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 that watches for documents in user-defined folders and converts them on a schedule with pre-set parameters.
- Take a snapshot of any part of the screen with ABBYY Screenshot Reader
- If a screenshot contains text or tables, it can also be extracted and saved as an editable format.**
* This feature is not available with all versions of ABBYY FineReader. Please visit our home page for more information.
** In order to use ABBYY Screenshot Reader, you must first register your copy of ABBYY FineReader.