English (English) - Change language
- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Scanning to the OCR Editor
You can open images from a scanner or camera in the OCR Editor, where you will be able to:
- Draw and edit recognition areas manually
- Check recognized text
- Train ABBYY FineReader to recognize non-standard characters and fonts
- Use other advanced tools to ensure the best possible OCR result.
- Open the New Task window, click the Scan tab, and then click the Scan to OCR Editor task.
- Select a device and specify scanning settings.
- Click the Preview button or click anywhere inside the image.
- Review the image. If you are not satisified with the quality of the image, change the scanning settings and click the Preview button again.
- Specify preprocessing and automation settings.
- Automatically process page images as they are added
This option enables or disables automatic processing of newly added pages. If automatic processing is enabled, you can select general document processing options and image preprocessing settings to be used when scanning and opening images:
- Recognize page images
Enable this option if you want FineReader to automatically preprocess newly added images using the settings specified in the Preprocessing Settings dialog box (click the Image preprocessing settings (apply to conversion and OCR) link below to open this dialog box). Analysis and OCR will also be performed automatically.
- Analyze page images
Performs image preprocessing and document analysis automatically, but OCR has to be started manually.
- Preprocess page images
Preprocesses images automatically. Analysis and OCR have to be started manually.
Use this option to specify the languages of the document. See also: OCR languages.
Opens the Preprocessing Settings dialog box where you can specify image preprocessing settings such as detection of page orientation and automatic preprocessing settings. These settings can significantly improve source images, resulting in greater OCR accuracy. See also: Image processing options.
Opens the Image Processing tab of the Options dialog box. You can also open this dialog box by clicking Options... on the Tools menu.
Click Scan Again to scan subsequent pages using the current settings or Finish Scanning to close the dialog box.
For more information about the OCR Editor and its features, see Working with the OCR Editor.