You can estimate how much money your company will save from task automation. For example, you know the hourly rate of an employee who performs a certain task. Set this rate in Cost definition to see the save that is displayed in Automation Candidates table on the homepage.
To specify the cost of a task:
- Click Cost definition on the project homepage.
- In the Cost definition dialog box, enter:
- The hourly rate or fixed cost for the task (if both values are specified, only the fixed cost will be used in calculations).
- The currency to be used (the same currency will also be used in the Cost configuration dialog box of your Task Mining project).
- Click Save. ABBYY Timeline will calculate the amount you can save and display the result in executive summary section.
Important. Within a Task Mining project, you can specify the cost of the following two different objects:
- In the Cost definition dialog box, you can specify the cost of a task.
- In Tools > Cost configuration, you can specify the cost of an event. For details, see Cost Analysis.