Image Enhancement Profiles
Image enhancement profiles allow you to automatically apply necessary changes to a flow of images from the Scanning Station or the Application Server.
Take one of the following actions to apply an image enhancement profile to an image flow:
- Assign to a batch type in the Scanning Station (the Image Processing tab in the Batch Type Properties dialog box)
- Apply automatically when loading input images (Tools → Options..., the Image Processing tab)
- Assign to a batch type or to an import profile in the Project Setup Station
The program contains two profiles embedded by default:
- Photo - this profile contains recommended editing settings of images obtained when taking photos of documents
- Scan - this profile contains recommended editing settings of images obtained when scanning documents
To apply a profile to one page by default:
- Select a page in the batch window.
- Select the name of a profile in the Processing profile drop-down menu on the image enhancement panel and select the Apply Processing Profile command in the Page menu in the main window of the program or in the context menu of the page.
Multiple selection mode
If you select multiple pages in the batch window with Shift or Ctrl buttons, you can also apply an image enhancement profile to the selected images. This will leave not selected pages of the batch unchanged.
You can also apply some one-time editing actions to several images (except Split Page, Crop, and Redact).
Creating a custom image enhancement profile
Image enhancement profiles are created in the Scanning Station or Project Setup Station. To create an image enhancement profile:
- Create a set of editing tools by means of the image enhancement panel.
- Click to the right from the Processing profile drop-down list. The processing profile creation window will open. The image window enables the mode that allows you to view editing results to test the processing profile being created.
- If you need several one-time actions to be automatically applied to an image flow, add them to the profile by selecting from the list in the processing profile creation window.
Additional one-time actions
- Teilen - splits an image horizontally / vertically for the selected number of separate pages. With this action you need to make sure that documents on all images are placed evenly
- Auflösung - changes the resolution of an image
- Drehen - rotates an image
- Umdrehen - flips an image horizontally / vertically
- Farben umkehren - inverts colors of an image that contains light text on the dark background
4. Set the name for a new profile in the Edit profile name field and click ОК.
The new profile will appear in the list of available image enhancement profiles. To edit the profile, select it in the Processing profile drop-down menu and click .
Hinweis. You can create and edit new processing profiles from the Processing Profiles dialog box (Tools menu → Processing Profiles...).
By default, profiles are unavailable for editing. You can create a set of editing tools based on an existing profile by adding or deleting actions and saving the new profile. To do this:
- From the Processing profile drop-down menu select one of the existing image enhancement profiles.
- Select editing tools in the image enhancement panel.
- Click to the right from the Processing profile drop-down list.
The following steps are similar to the basic algorithm of creating an image enhancement profile.
Importing and exporting an image enhancement profile
Custom image enhancement profiles may be exported to be used in the Project Setup Station or in other Scanning Stations. The profile is exported to an XML file.
To export an image enhancement profile, proceed as follows:
- Open the Processing Profiles dialog box (Tools menu → Processing Profiles...).
- Select the profile from the list and click Export....
- In the opened window select where the profile must be saved: either locally or on a server.
- Enter the path and click ОК.
After that you will be able to import and use the image enhancement profile in the Project Setup Station (Project Properties dialog box → Image Enhancement Profiles) or in a different Scanning Station (Import button in the Processing Profiles dialog box).