ABBYY FineReader PDF for Mac overview: what's new?
About FineReader PDF for Mac
Thank you for choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF for Mac®, a high-quality, modern macOS® OCR application for converting PDF files, paper documents and their digital images into searchable and editable formats.
With FineReader PDF, you can update and re-use information from non-editable documents you work with every day such as PDF files of any type, paper documents, document scans and photographs. Prepare and secure your documents for sharing in various electronic formats and reliably storing them in digital archives. Digitize your paper documents to effectively incorporate them into your organization's or team's document workflow.
- Digitize paper documents, scans and image-based PDF files using OCR
- Use a scanner, Continuity Camera with your iPhone® or iPad®, or existing image files.
- Convert your documents to a number of popular formats, such as PDF (including PDF/A and PDF/UA), DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, HTML, RTF, TXT, CSV, ODT, EPUB®, and FB2.
- Get the job done and produce excellent results even for complex documents with simple-to-use Quick conversion scenarios or Advanced conversion scenarios if you need to control every detail of the conversion process.
- Protect your converted PDF documents and share them securely using passwords to prevent unauthorized access.
- Edit and re-use the contents of PDF documents by converting them into editable formats.
- Have any PDF file conform to accessibility requirements by converting it to PDF/UA.
- Easily make image-based (scanned, photographed) PDFs searchable by converting them using powerful and accurate OCR.
- Choose between the Light and Dark UI modes depending on your preferences.
- Use the handy built-in PDF Viewer to review PDF documents before processing and printing.
- Automatic image preprocessing improves conversion results for document images of poor quality.
- Convert multilingual documents.
- Convert documents using the latest AI-based OCR technology.
- Adjust conversion settings and document layout.
What is new in FineReader PDF for Mac®
FineReader PDF for Mac® offers significantly improved user experience, expanded features, and improved performance:
- Smooth, genuine Mac experience with an all-new user interface and support for Dark Mode.
- Improved performance: a completely new version of a leading OCR app for macOS® based on the latest technologies.
- iPhone® integration: capture documents using Continuity Camera.
- Built-in PDF Viewer: conveniently review your PDF files before converting them.
- Convert to the PDF/A and PDF/UA industry standard formats to ensure long-term storage and accessibility.
- Improved recognition language support - including Gothic (Fractur) scripts for old European printed documents.
- Reliable functionality and compatibility with the latest versions of macOS®.