Updating ABBYY FlexiCapture 12
To update your current version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12:
- Finish the processing of all of your current documents.
- Back up your database and file storage.
- Install the latest version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 on all machines where FlexiCapture Servers and Stations are installed.
Note: You can always restore your system from the backup created in step 2.
- Connect your existing database to the newly installed version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12:
- Start the Administration and Monitoring Console of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12, select Settings → Application server, and click the Connect to Existing Database button.
- Specify the name of the database server, the name of the database, and the path to the file storage location that were used by your earlier version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 and click OK. See Connecting to an existing database for more information about connecting to an existing database.
- One by one, open each of your projects from the Application Server on the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Project Setup Station. When you open a project, it will be upgraded to the latest version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12. You can also use FCAdminTools for upgrading the projects.
Once the new version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 is installed, you can resume processing your tasks even while some of your projects are still being updated. The program will first get tasks from projects that have been fully updated.
If you process large volumes of documents in enterprise environments, with ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Distributed installed on multiple computers, the upgrade process will require some preparatory steps. For more information, please refer to the following articles: