Connecting to an existing database
Instead of creating a new database, the administrator may need to connect to an existing database (e.g. if the connection settings have been changed).
Note: For databases created in earlier versions of ABBYY FlexiCapture, see Upgrading databases and projects created in an earlier version of the program.
To connect to an existing database, do the following:
- On the computer where the Application Server is installed, open the Administration and Monitoring Console and click Settings → Application Server to open the page http://<ApplicationServer>/FlexiCapture12/Monitoring/#Settings/DbConn (where <ApplicationServer> is the name of the computer on which the Application Server is installed) under the Windows administrator account.
If the Application Server is already connected to a database, start at step 4.
- Click Connect to Existing Database.
- In the form that opens, complete the following fields: the name of the Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or Azure instance, the name of the existing database (for Oracle and Azure), the user that administers the database server, the path to the file storage (if any).
- Use the Test Connection button to check the entered values. If the test is successful, click OK.
- Now your server is connected to the database. If an Upgrade link is displayed on the Settings → Application Server page next to the database version, then you should upgrade the database before you proceed.
- If ABBYY FlexiCapture authentication has never been used for this database, to the user under whose account the Administration and Monitoring Console is running will be issued the temporary password password.