Updating ABBYY FlexiCapture 12
To update your current version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12:
- Finish the processing of all of your current documents.
- Install the latest version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 on a new set of servers.
- Back up your database and file storage.
Note: You can always restore your system from the backup created in step 3.
- Connect your existing database to the newly installed version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12:
- Start the Administration and Monitoring Console of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12, select Settings → Application server, and click the Connect to Existing Database button.
- Specify the name of the database server, the name of the database, and the path to the file storage location that were used by your earlier version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 and click OK. See Connecting to an existing database for more information about connecting to an existing database.
- One by one, open each of your projects from the Application Server either on the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Project Setup Station or in FCAdminTools. When you open a project, it will be upgraded to the latest version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12.
Once the new version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 is installed, you can resume processing your tasks even while some of your projects are still being updated. The program will first get tasks from projects that have been fully updated.
Note: If you do not encounter any errors while working with the latest version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12, you can remove your earlier version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 from the old set of servers.
11/10/2020 12:08:03 PM