Using a Microsoft Azure file share
This section provides instructions for connecting the ABBYY FlexiCapture Application Server to a file share in Microsoft Azure.
Note: It is assumed that a storage account has already been created in Microsoft Azure Files and is available for use by ABBYY FlexiCapture.
- On the Azure portal, go to your storage account (abbyystorage in this example) and click Files in the storage account pane.
- Create a new file share in your storage account by specifying its name (fcstorage in this example) and a space quota as required.
- Open the created file share and click Connect.
- Copy the cmdkey command to the Clipboard.
- Log on to the virtual machine with the FlexiCapture Application Server as a system user with permissions to access the FlexiCapture services (fcuser in this example), open the command line prompt, and paste and execute the cmdkey command from the Clipboard. This will add the file share credentials to the Windows Credential Manager.
- Open Windows Explorer and make sure that the user can access the file share.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, select the FlexiCapture application pool, and click Advanced Settings.
- Change the pool identity to the FlexiCapture user account with the required permissions, set Load User Profile to True, confirm the changes by clicking OK, and recycle the application pool.
- In the Administration and Monitoring Console, select the Use external file storage option and specify the path to the file share in Microsoft Azure.
2/20/2021 12:32:37 PM