Preparing to install the Application Server
Important! We recommend either disabling User Account Control before installing ABBYY FlexiCapture or performing all setup actions using the built-in administrator account.
.Net Framework 4.7.2 and Internet Information Services must be installed on your computer before you can install the Application Server.
Note: Please visit the Microsoft website for instructions on how to find out which Microsoft .Net Framework versions and updates are installed on your computer.
IIS and .Net Framework are installed via the Control Panel (see the step-by-step instructions and installation options). In the Add Roles Wizard, select the following components:
Web Management Tools
- IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- IIS Scripting Tools
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility
- IIS Management Console
World Wide Web Services
- Application Development Features
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Common HTTP Features
- Default Document
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- Static Content
- Basic Authentication
- Request Filtering
- Windows Authentication
Other IIS components may be installed if required, e.g. you can install IIS in its entirety.
When you install the ABBYY FlexiCapture servers, the following third-party components will be installed automatically:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime
- Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML6) – The Application Server requires this component for its operation.
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2015 Runtime – This component is used by ABBYY FlexiCapture for generating reports.
Note: If Crystal Reports v. 18.104.22.1687 and above is installed on the computer where the Application Server is installed, you can use this application to create reports in the Administration and Monitoring Console. For details, see Custom reports.
- Codemeter Runtime – This component is required if you plan to use a license stored on a CodeMeter USB dongle manufactured by Wibu-Systems.