To set up ABBYY FlexiCapture:
- Open the Administration and Monitoring Console under a user account that has administrative privileges. Use one of the following two methods:
- Click Start → All programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers → Administration and Monitoring Console
- Click this link: http://localhost/FlexiCapture12/Monitoring/#Settings/DbConn
Click Settings → Application Server and then click the Create new database button. In the window that opens, specify the following:
|Server instance name||
Note: If SQL Server is not installed locally, the server instance name will look like this: <computer_name>\sqlexpress
|Authentication settings||Database Server Authentication|
|User name and Password||The name and password of the database administrator that were specified when installing Microsoft SQL Server (see the Installation section)|
|Use external file storage||Select this option and specify the path to a file storage location for example: C:\FileStorage|
Click OK. Once the database is created, you will be issued a temporary password, which is the word "password." Please open the log-in page (http://localhost/FlexiCapture12/Login) and change this password.
Note: For detailed instructions on creating a new database, see the Creating a database section.
- Set up the Processing Server:
- Launch the Processing Server Monitor (click Start → All Programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers → Processing Server);
- On the Actions menu, click Add Server → Local Host.
- Make sure that the Processing Server is running (it should have next to it). Otherwise, click Actions → Start.
Note: For detailed instructions on setting up the Processing Server, see the Configuring the Processing Server section.
- To add Processing Stations: selecting the Stations item in the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers tree, select <Server_Name>, and then click Actions → Add Stations.... In the window that opens, click By name... and type "localhost" to add the locally installed Processing Station. Start the Processing Station (Actions → Start).
- Upload a project to the server:
- Launch the Project Setup Station (click Start → All Programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations → Project Setup Station).
- Open a local project (click File → Open Project...).
Note: You can select any of the sample projects stored in this folder: %public%\ABBYY\FlexiCapture\12.0\Samples.
- Upload the project to the server (click File → Upload Project to Server...). Enter the address of the Application Server in the following format: http://localhost.
Note: If the Project Setup Station and the Application Server are installed on different computers, the server address will look like this: http://<ApplicationServer> where <ApplicationServer> is the name of the computer on which the Application Server is installed.
- Select Use server authentication and enter the name and password of the database administrator.
Note: If you are planning to demonstrate how images can be imported from Hot Folders, enable Hot Folder processing in the Administration and Monitoring Console (click Settings → Projects).
ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 is now ready for demonstration.
If you need more information on setting up ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 or if you encounter any problems when completing the steps listed on this page, please refer to the Deploying ABBYY FlexiCapture section.