Important! For detailed information about the station, see Scanning Station Help.
The purpose of the Scanning Station is to facilitate scanning large amounts of documents. The Scanning Station can work both in a local and a remote network (via the Internet). Authorization can be carried out by using a login and a password, Windows authentication or SSO authentication (for details how to set up SSO, refer to the Single Sign-On authentication section in the System Administrator’s Guide).
The Scanning Station may be the first station into which a document arrives. The station is operated by a Scanning Operator, who can add images using one of the following two methods:
- create and use scanning profiles and/or add images manually;
- add the images of already scanned documents from a folder.
Profiles automate the process of acquiring images, enabling the Operator to add images using the previously made settings with only one click of the mouse.
Besides adding images, the Scanning Operator may edit added images (see Scanning Station Help for details).
The typical sequence of actions performed by the Scanning Operator would be as follows:
- Launch the Scanning Station and receive batch types from the server if the corresponding option is specified in project setting or Scanning Station settings. If batch types are not loaded automatically, you can load them manually after the Scanning Station is launched.
- If there is an unfinished batch left on the station, continue processing this batch. Otherwise, create a new batch.
- If import profiles have already been created, select the appropriate profile and start the scanning process. If there are no ready-made profiles, create the necessary profiles and use them to scan the documents.
- When adding the images, the Operator may visually control their property and edit them if required. If mere will not solve the problem, the Operator may change the scanning options and rescan the faulty pages.
- Control the quality of document assembly and correct any assembly errors.
- Once the batch is ready, specify its registration parameters and send it to the server.
- Repeat the above steps for the next batch of images or shut down the Scanning Station.