If a Verification Operator is not satisfied with the quality of scanned pages, he/she can send a task to Rescanning. A task to rescan the whole batch or particular documents will be sent to ABBYY Scanning Station and the received task will be added to Rescanning Tasks. Once information about a new task is received, the message New rescanning tasks are available. appears on the main toolbar. Information about new rescanning tasks is loaded from the server when starting the station and when opening the Rescanning Tasks dialog box. When ABBYY Scanning Station is running, information about new rescanning tasks is updated every 10 minutes.
Note. In order to enable sending tasks to Rescanning, the option Rescanning must be selected on the Project Properties... → Workflow tab in the Project Setup Station.
You can open the Rescanning Tasks dialog box:
- By clicking the Rescanning Tasks button on the main toolbar
- By selecting the Rescanning Tasks item from the Tools menu
- By clicking the link New rescanning tasks are available. on the main toolbar
- By pressing Alt+G
To start working with a task, click the Select button in the Rescanning Tasks dialog box. The selected task is added to the Rescanning tab of the Batches window and the task documents are opened in the image window. The tasks on the Rescanning tab are grouped in the order of priority.
By default pages are loaded without thumbnails when opening a task. To load thumbnails for selected pages, click Load Full-Size Thumbnail on the shortcut menu or use the Page → Load Full-Size Thumbnail menu. To load thumbnails for all pages automatically when opening a task, clear the Load rescanned pages with small thumbnails option on the FlexiCapture Server tab of the Tools → Options... menu.
You can change the order of documents on the Rescanning tab of the Batches window using drag and drop. You can also delete documents and pages from the task. You cannot change the order of pages in a document.
To rescan selected pages:
- Select Rescan Selected Pages on the shortcut menu of the page or
- Click File → Rescan Selected Pages or
- Click the Rescan Pages button on the main toolbar
Thumbnails of rescanned documents are marked with the icon in the bottom left corner.
You can change the type of a document that has been submitted for rescanning. When you change the type of a document, its registration parameters will change accordingly.
Note. If the Prohibit changing batch type and registration parameters when rescanning option is selected in Batch Type Properties, this capability will be unavailable at the rescanning stage.
If an entire batch is submitted for rescanning:
- You can change the structure of the batch, add or remove documents and pages, and change the order of pages in documents.
- You can change the type of the batch in the Batch Type Properties dialog box. The settings specified for the old batch type will be replaced with new ones and the batch will be processed using these settings.
- You can change the values of batch and document registration parameters if they are not read-only.
If only a portion of a batch is submitted for rescanning:
- You can change the structure of individual documents. You cannot create a new document or delete an existing one.
- You cannot change the type of the batch.
- You can change the value of registration parameters of individual documents if they are not read-only.
To navigate between documents within the task, use the Previous Document to Rescan and Next Document to Rescan buttons on the main toolbar or select the corresponding commands from the Edit menu.
To confirm a rescanned document, click the Confirm Rescanned Document button on the main toolbar or select the corresponding item from the Edit menu. Thumbnails of confirmed pages are marked with icon in the bottom left corner.
Note. If the order of documents is changed, confirmation results are reset and you will need to confirm the rescanned documents anew.
After all the documents in the task are confirmed, click the Send button in the Rescanning Tasks dialog box to send the documents to FlexiCapture.
1/14/2021 2:17:19 PM