- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Scanning to PDF
The PDF Document task in the New Task window lets you create PDF documents from images obtained from a scanner or a digital camera.
- Open the New Task window, click the Scan tab, and then click PDF Document.
- Select a device and specify scanning settings.
- Click the Preview button or click anywhere inside the image.
- Review the image. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the image, change the scanning settings and click the Preview button again.
- Specify conversion settings. These settings determine the appearance and properties of the output document.
- Image quality This option determines the quality of images and pictures, which affects the size of the resulting output file. The following quality settings are available:
- Best quality
Select this option to retain the quality of the pictures and the page image. The original resolution will be preserved.
Select this option to reduce the size of the output PDF file without too much loss in picture quality.
- Compact size
Select this option to obtain a small-sized PDF file at the expense of picture quality.
Select this option to customize picture saving. In the Custom Settings dialog box, specify the desired values and click OK.
Select this option to create a PDF/A-compliant document.
Select this option to apply Mixed Raster Content (MRC) compression to reduce file size without noticeable loss in image quality..
Select this option if you want OCR to start automatically.
Use this option to specify the languages of the document. See also: OCR languages.
Use this option to specify image preprocessing settings, such as detection of page orientation and automatic preprocessing settings. These settings can significantly improve source images, resulting in greater OCR accuracy. See also: Image processing options.
Opens the PDF section of the Format Settings of the Options dialog box, where you can specify additional settings (you can also open this dialog box by clicking Options... on the Tools menu).
Click Scan Again to scan more pages using the current settings or click Finish Scanning to close the dialog box.
3/21/2023 2:43:03 PM