- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Adjusting Area Properties
When performing automatic document analysis, ABBYY FineReader detects different area types on document pages (such as tables, pictures, text and barcodes). The program also analyzes the document structure and identifies headings and other layout elements such as headers and footers, images and diagram captions, etc.
You can manually change incorrectly defined properties in some Text and Table areas.
- Select the area in the Image window or the Zoom window and adjust the properties in the Area Properties pane of the he Image window.
The Area Properties pane lets you set the following properties:
- Language. For details, see "Document Features to Consider Prior to OCR."
- Function displays the function of the text, i.e. header or footer, footnote, etc. (applies only to Text areas).
- Orientation. "For details, see If Vertical or Inverted Text Is Not Recognized."
- Print type. For details, see "Document Features to Consider Prior to OCR."
- Inversion. For details, see "If Vertical or Inverted Text Is Not Recognized."
- Direction of CJK text. For details, see "Working with Complex-Script Languages."
- Use / buttons to navigate left and right along the properties pane if the Image window is not wide enough to display the entire properties pane.
- Some of the text properties can be modified using the shortcut menu that becomes available when you right-click a Text area.
- Run the OCR process again after making the necessary changes.
See also "If Areas Are Detected Incorrectly."
1/14/2020 5:26:19 PM