- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Saving OCR Results
Recognition results can be saved to a file, sent to another application, copied to the Clipboard, or e-mailed. You can also send OCR results to Kindle.com where they will be converted to the Kindle format and become available for download onto your Kindle device. You can save either the entire document, or selected pages only.
Important! Be sure to select the appropriate saving options before clicking Save.
To save recognized text:
- On the main toolbar, select a document layout saving mode from the Document layout drop-down list.
Note: Available file formats are listed beneath each mode.
Format saving modes:
- Exact copy
Produces a document with formatting that corresponds to that of the original.
Recommended for documents with complex formatting, such as promotion booklets. Note, however, that this option limits the ability to change the text and format of the output document.
- Editable copy
Produces a document in which the formatting may differ slightly from that of the original. Documents produced in this mode are easy to edit.
- Formatted text
Retains fonts, font sizes, and paragraphs, but does not retain the exact spacing or locations of the objects on the page. The text produced will be left-aligned. Texts in right-to-left scripts will be right-aligned.
Note: Vertical texts will be changed to horizontal in this mode.
- Plain text
This mode does not retain text formatting.
- Flexible layout
Produces an HTML document with the positions of the objects as close to the original as is technically possible.
- On the Save tab of the Options dialog box, select the desired saving options and click OK.
- Click the arrow to the right of the Save button on the main toolbar and select the appropriate option, or use commands on the File menu.
Note: ABBYY FineReader lets you save pages as images. For details, see "Saving an Image of a Page."
- Microsoft Word 2003 (11.0), 2007 (12.0), 2010 (14.0) and 2013 (15.0)
- Microsoft Excel 2003 (11.0), 2007 (12.0), 2010 (14.0) and 2013 (15.0)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (11.0) (with Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 Formats), 2007 (12.0), 2010 (14.0) and 2013 (15.0)
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4, 4.0
- Corel WordPerfect X5, X6
- Adobe Acrobat/Reader (8.0 and later)
Note: To insure the best compatibility between ABBYY FineReader and the applications listed above, make sure you install the latest available updates to these applications.
1/14/2020 5:26:19 PM