- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Introducing ABBYY FineReader 12
ABBYY FineReader is an optical character recognition (OCR) system that converts scanned documents, PDF documents, and image files (including digital photos) into editable formats.
ABBYY FineReader 12 advantages
Fast and accurate recognition
- The OCR technology used in ABBYY FineReader quickly and accurately recognizes and retains the original formatting of any document.
- Thanks to ABBYY's Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT®), ABBYY FineReader can analyze and process a document in its entirety, rather than one page at a time. This approach retains the source document's structure, including formatting, hyperlinks, e-mail addresses, headers and footers, image and table captions, page numbers, and footnotes.
- ABBYY FineReader is largely immune to printing defects and can recognize texts printed in virtually any font.
- ABBYY FineReader can recognize text photos obtained with a regular camera or a mobile phone. Additional image preprocessing can greatly improve the quality of your photos, resulting in more accurate OCR.
- For faster processing, ABBYY FineReader makes efficient use of multi-core processors and offers a special black-and-white processing mode for documents where colors need not be preserved.
Supports most of the world's languages*
- ABBYY FineReader can recognize texts written in any of the 190 languages that it supports, or in a combination of those languages. Among the supported languages are Arabic, Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Hebrew. ABBYY FineReader can automatically detect the language of a document.
Ability to check OCR results
- ABBYY FineReader has a built-in text editor which allows you to compare recognized texts against their original images and make any necessary changes.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of automatic processing, you can manually specify image areas to capture and train the program to recognize less common or unusual fonts.
Intuitive user interface
- The program comes with a number of preconfigured automated tasks that cover the most common OCR scenarios and enable you to convert scans, PDFs, and image files into editable documents with a click of a button. Integration with Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer means that you can recognize documents directly from within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel or simply by right-clicking a file on your computer.
- The program supports the usual Windows shortcut keys and touchscreen swipes, e.g. to scroll or zoom in and out of images.
- You can easily copy and paste recognized fragments into other applications. Page images will open instantly, and will be available for viewing, selection, and copying before the entire document has been recognized.
Recognition of digital photos
- You can take a picture of a document with your digital camera, and ABBYY FineReader 12 will recognize the text just as if it was an ordinary scan.
- ABBYY FineReader can convert your paper documents or scanned PDFs into searchable PDF and PDF/A documents.
- MRC compression can be applied to reduce the size of PDF files without impairing their visual quality.
Supports multiple saving formats and cloud storage services
- ABBYY FineReader 12 can save recognized texts in Microsoft Office formats (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), in searchable PDF/A and PDF for long-term storage, and in popular e-book formats.
- You can save results either locally or in cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SkyDrive) and access them from anywhere in the world. ABBYY FineReader 12 can also export documents directly to Microsoft SharePoint Online and Microsoft Office 365.
Includes two bonus applications — ABBYY Business Card Reader and ABBYY Screenshot Reader
- ABBYY Business Card Reader (available only with ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate) is a handy utility that captures data from business cards and saves them directly to Microsoft® Outlook®, Salesforce, and other contact management software.
- ABBYY Screenshot Reader is an easy-to-use program that can take screenshots of whole windows or selected areas and recognize the text inside.
Free technical support for registered users
* The set of supported languages may vary in different editions of the product.