- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Group Work in a Local Area Network
ABBYY FineReader provides tools and capabilities for processing documents together with other users in a network. Multiple users can share the same user languages and the dictionaries of these languages.
To make user dictionaries and languages available to multiple users:
- Create/open a FineReader document and select desired scanning and OCR options for the document.
- Specify a folder where user dictionaries will be stored. This folder should be accessible to all network users.
Note: By default, user dictionaries are stored in %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FineReader\12.00\UserDictionaries.
If your computer is running Windows XP, the default path is %Userprofile%\Application Data\ABBYY\FineReader\12.00\UserDictionaries.
To specify the folder:
- On the Tools menu, click Options… to open the Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then click the User Dictionaries… button.
- In the dialog box that opens, click Browse… and select the folder.
- Save your user patterns and languages to an *.fbt file:
- On the Tools menu, click Options… and then click the Read tab in the Options dialog box.
- Under User patterns and languages, click the Save to File… button.
- In the Save Options dialog box, specify a name for the *.fbt file and a folder where the file will be stored. This folder should be accessible to all network users.
- Now other users can access the user languages and dictionaries. To do so, they need to load the *.fbt file you created in step 3 and specify the path to the folder with custom dictionaries you created in step 2.
Important! To be able to access the user dictionaries, patterns, and languages, users must have read/write permissions for the folders where they are stored.
To view the list of available user languages, open the Language Editor dialog box by clicking Language Editor… on the Tools menu. The languages are listed under User languages.
When a user language is being used by several users, it is available as "read-only," and users will not be able to change its properties. However, users will still be able to add words to and delete words from a user dictionary.
When a dictionary is being edited by a user, it is available as "read-only" to other users, i.e. users can use this dictionary to perform OCR and check spelling, but they cannot add or remove words.
Any changes a user makes to a user dictionary will become available to all users who have selected the folder where this dictionary is stored. For the changes to come into effect, users will need to restart ABBYY FineReader.
1/14/2020 5:26:19 PM