Managing user accounts
Important! The System Administrator can create user accounts with Tenant Administrator permissions and manage user accounts in the default tenant. Tenant Administrators can only manage user accounts in their tenants. The procedure for managing user accounts is the same for System Administrators and Tenant Administrators.
To manage users, open the Administration and Monitoring Console and click Settings → Users. You can use the search bar on this page to find specific users.
To create a new user account:
- Open the Administration and Monitoring Console, click Settings → Users, and then click the New user button.
- Specify the following account details:
The name of the user account. This name will be used to log in to ABBYY FlexiCapture and must contain only Latin characters and numbers.
- Full name
The user's name.
The e-mail address to which the confirmation message will be sent.
The new user account will appear in the list of user accounts.
Importing from Active Directory
Users can be added manually or imported from Active Directory. To import user information from Active Directory, click Import... and enter the desired search criteria. Then click Find to display the list of users that meet the search criteria. Now select the groups for which information should be imported and click Import. Finally, click OK to save the data. For details, see the Managing Users section of the System Administrator's Guide.
Independent user account registration and permission requests
Operators can register a user account independently on the log in page, and any user can make a request for station permissions on their personal page. You can view these requests on the Settings → Requests page. For details, see Processing permission requests.
To change the settings and permissions of a user account:
- Open the Administration and Monitoring Console, click Settings → Users and select the user account you want to change.
- On the user's page, you can:
- Change the name and e-mail address of the user;
- Add/remove the user to/from groups;
- Assign a new role to the user or revoke a role from the user;
- Grant or revoke permissions for projects;
- Reset the user's password (the user will receive a temporary password).
To delete a user account:
- Open the Administration and Monitoring Console, click Settings → Users and select one or more user accounts.
- Click Delete.