||1.6 GHz or faster
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2012 + Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2012 R2 + Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2016 + Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2019 + Desktop Experience
Note: To use a localized version of ABBYY FlexiCapture, make sure your operating system supports the corresponding GUI language.
- Sufficient space to install a browser
- At least 100 MB for program operation
- An additional 60 MB is required to install the ABBYY Scanning Plugin for the Web Scanning Station.
- Google Chrome 55 or later (32-bit)
Security settings for Google Chrome:
- plugins = Run automatically
Note: All plugins are disabled by default. To enable a plugin, open chrome://plugins/ in the browser and select the Always allowed option for the desired plugin.
- Mozilla Firefox 50 or later (32-bit)
Security settings for Mozilla Firefox:
- Java scripting = Enable
- Firefox will remember history (Options → Privacy)
- Microsoft Edge 41 or later
Security settings for Microsoft Edge:
- plugins = Run automatically
Note: ABBYY FlexiCapture works best with Google Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Browser security settings: Internet Explorer medium-high protection level. Detailed required settings for Internet Explorer:
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins = Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting = Enable
- Active scripting = Enable
Note: To ensure that Internet Explorer 11 works correctly, install .NET Framework 4.7.2 on the computer with the Application Server or add the address of an application server to the list of websites that are opened in compatibility mode.
Note: The Metro-style version of Internet Explorer 10 that comes with Windows 8 is not supported.
Important! Disclaimer for Internet Explorer users/Known Issue
Due to the known limitations of Internet Explorer 11, you may observe the issues while processing more than 100 pages or having numerous verification tasks with ABBYY FlexiCapture. Using Internet Explorer browser for an extended period of time can cause the browser to consume a lot of the machine's memory and slow down the client performance and eventually crash the browser.
To avoid the unwanted interruptions of ABBYY FlexiCapture processing tasks ABBYY recommends you to use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or other browsers for the professional verification tasks. Nevertheless, ABBYY FlexiCapture web-stations are fully functioning in Internet Explorer 11, thus they should be used for ad-hoc processing preferably.
Important notes for users of Internet Explorer
- In the event of a verification malfunction, the operator will not be able to resume the task immediately after the session is restored. This task will become available only after the inactive sessions have been purged. By default, inactive sessions are purged every 4 hours. You can change this setting in the web.config file on the Processing Server. We do not recommend purging inactive sessions too often. The recommended minimum setting is 10 minutes.
- Starting from FlexiCapture R3 Update 1, each new task is opened in a new tab to optimize memory use. However, this also means that operators will not be able to receive new tasks automatically. To revert to the old behavior, open the web.config file for the web station and set the IEVerificationNewWindow key to false.
- Video card and display with a resolution of 1024×768
- For Web Scanning Station:
- A scanner supporting the TWAIN interface. WIA scanners can be accessed from the station but they may not operate properly
- ABBYY Scanning Plugin (see below)