Managing user groups
Apart from granting access permissions to each individual user, you can grant access permissions to multiple users simultaneously by assigning users to groups. To manage user groups, open the Administration and Monitoring Console and click Settings → Groups. You can use the search bar to find a specific group in the list.
The procedure for creating and managing groups is similar to the procedure for creating and managing users.
Creating a new user group
- Click Settings → Groups and then click the New group button.
- Specify the following settings:
The name of the new group.
A description of the new group.
Note: If a user belongs to group A and you add this group to group B, the user will receive all permissions granted to both groups.
Note: You can also add a user to a group using the options on the user's account page. To view a user's account page, click Settings → Users and select a user.
Note: If a user belongs to one or more groups, the user will receive all of the permissions granted to all groups he/she belongs to in addition to the permissions granted to him/her.
Note: You can also import user groups from Active Directory. For details, see the Managing Users section of the System Administrator's Guide.
Changing the settings and permissions of a user group
- Click Settings → Groups and then click the name of a group on the list.
- On the page that opens, you can:
- Change the group's name and description
- Add the group to other groups or remove it from other groups
- Add or remove users to/from the group
- Assign or remove roles to/from the group
- Grant or revoke access permissions for projects
Deleting a group
- Click Settings → Groups and select one or more groups in the list.
- Click Delete.
12/1/2020 7:03:59 AM