How to Configure Document Separation
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 allows you to split batches of images scanned by a high-speed scanner into documents. Each document will be saved to a separate output file. You can set the separation options on the 3. Document Separation tab of Workflow Properties dialog box. Document processing and separation is done within a job.
By default, one document is created for each job. To split image batches into documents, do the following:
- Create a new workflow or modify an existing one (see Creating a New Workflow). Open the 3. Document Separation tab of the Workflow Properties dialog box.
- On this tab, select one of the following document separation methods:
- Create one document for each job
All files of the job will be merged into one document.
- Create one document for each file in job
Each image file is converted into a separate output file.
- Start a new document after every N page(s)
Use this option if all the documents in the batch have the same number of pages.
- Start a new document from blank page
A new file will be created at each blank page found in the document flow. To delete blank pages after separation, select Delete blank pages.
- Start a new document from page with barcode
A new file will be created at each page with a barcode of the specified type. Select a barcode type and specify whether barcode pages are to be deleted after separation. See hints on working with barcodes below.
Note. Code 32 barcodes are a subtype of Code 39 barcodes, and are also less common, hence they will be recognized as Code 39 barcodes during document separation. For a Code 32 barcode to be recognized correctly, it needs to be explicitly selected it in the drop-down list.
Note. There is a sample of a separation sheet with a barcode in the file SeparatorSheet-Code39.pdf of the Samples folder (Start > Programs > ABBYY FineReader Server 14 > Samples), which contains barcode of Code 39 type with barcode value 012345.