If you install the Server Manager and the Remote Administration Console on different computers, you need to register the installed ABBYY FineReader Server in the Remote Administration Console (see Registering a New FineReader Server for details).
If you install the Processing Station and the Server Manager on different computers, you will need to register the Processing Station in the Processing Stations node (see Registering a New Processing Station for details).
After you install ABBYY FineReader Server 14, a Default Workflow is configured, which has the following settings:
- The Input folder, Output folder and Exceptions folder are set to Default Workflow\Input Folder, Default Workflow\Output Folder, and Default Workflow\Exceptions Folder respectively. The root folder is %PUBLIC%\ABBYY\ABBYY FineReader Server 14.
- The format of the output file is set to PDF.
- The recognition language is set to English.
- The input image is moved to the Output folder without conversion.
You can view the properties of the Default Workflow in the Workflow Properties dialog box, which can be opened in the Workflows node. You can also create new workflows in this node (see Creating a New Workflow for details).
To recognize a document
- Copy an image or PDF file into the Input folder of the Default Workflow, or scan images with the Scanning Station and export them to the Default Workflow of ABBYY FineReader Server.
- Shortly (the actual time required depends on the complexity of the document and your hardware resources) the recognition results will be placed into the Output folder.
- If the document cannot be processed (e.g. the image file is corrupted or its format is invalid), the image will be placed into the Exceptions folder. An XML result file with a description of the error will also be placed in this folder.