- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Opening an Image or PDF Document
ABBYY FineReader 12 lets you open PDF files and image files of supported formats.
Complete the following steps to open a PDF file or an image file:
- Click the Open button on the main toolbar or click Open PDF File or Image… on the File menu.
- Select one or more files in the dialog box that opens.
- If you selected a file with multiple pages, you can specify the range of page you want to open.
- Enable the Automatically process pages as they are added option if you want to automatically preprocess images.
Tip: The Options dialog lets you choose how images are preprocessed: which defects will be removed, whether the document will be analyzed and so forth. To open the Options dialog box, click the Options… button. For more on preprocessing settings, see " Scanning and Opening Options."
Note: If there is a FineReader document open when you open new page images or documents, the new pages will be added to the end of this FineReader document. If no FineReader document is open, a new one will be created from the newly added pages.
You can find more information about FineReader documents and their pages in the "What Is a FineReader Document?" section.
Note: Access to some PDF files is restricted by their authors. Such restrictions include password protection, restrictions on opening the document and restrictions on copying content. When opening such files, ABBYY FineReader may request a password.