Working with the FREngineDistribution.csv File
The FREngineDistribution.csv file describes all files located in the Bin64, and Data folders of the ABBYY FineReader Engine distribution. This file can be found in the Help folder (%ProgramData%\ABBYY\SDK\12\FineReader Engine\Help) after Developer installation.
You can use FREngineDistribution.csv to automatically create the list of files required for your application to function.This procedure only makes sense when you are installing FineReader Engine library for your application in manual mode, and copying the necessary files to the workstation without automatic FineReader Engine installer.
Important! Please note that in addition to files from the Bin, Bin64, and Data folders, your application may need some files which are located in other folders and therefore are not described in FREngineDistribution.csv (such as com.abbyy.FREngine-%BUILD_ID%.jar, necessary if the application uses the Java wrapper FREngine.tlb, necessary for working with COM loaders). See ABBYY FineReader Engine Distribution Kit for a full list.
The easiest way to make sure all resource files can be located by the program is to maintain the same Bin, Bin64, and Data folder structure and to include a SharedFiles.ini file in your distribution. This file can be found in the Bin (or Bin64) folder. If you prefer not to use this file, instead of maintaining the folder structure do the following:
- Copy the Data\Resource folder with all subfolders into the Bin (Bin64) folder.
- Copy contents of the Data\ExtendedDictionaries folder directly into the Bin (Bin64) folder.
- Copy other files contained in the Data folder into the Bin (Bin64) folder.
To obtain the list of files required for your application, filter FREngineDistribution.csv by the three first columns (three major parameters: stage, part, and details):
- Stage — the stage of working with FineReader Engine which your application uses.
- Part — the way in which you are going to use this stage. For example, the Opening stage includes Scanning and Pdf parts. If this field is empty, the file is needed for the working stage in general. Do not filter the blank values out.
Important! Core and Core.Resources are always required.
If any of the fields contain several comma-separated values, the file is needed for all of them. For example, if you intend to use the Opening stage, you will also need to select files which contain "Export, Opening" and "Opening, Processing" values in the Stage column. Consult the table below for the description of stages and their parts:
|Stage||Requires other stages||Contains parts||Part description|
|Core||Resources||Required part. Contains the resources necessary for core functionality.|
|OutprocLoading||Contains the module necessary for working with the Engine loaded out-of-process.|
|ForDevelopmentOnly||Only for Developer installation, must not be redistributed to the end user.|
|LoadModuleSupport||Support of module loading (IEngine::LoadModule method).|
|Support||Automatic collection of diagnostic information for technical support.|
|Java||Contains the module necessary for working of Java application.|
|DotNetCore||Contains the module necessary for working on the .NET Core application.|
|OfficeConverters||Opening digital input documents.|
|Processing||Core, Opening||BCR||Business cards recognition. Requires also the files for the OCR part.|
|Classification||Documents classification. Requires also the files for the OCR part.|
|ICR||Handprinted text recognition.|
|DictionaryEditing||Graphical user interface for dictionary editing.|
|Training||User patterns training. Requires also the files for the OCR part.|
|Export||Core, Opening||PDF export support.|
|Visual Components||all stages||Resources||Contains the resources necessary for Visual Components.|
- Details — further specific information about the operations in which the file is used. If this field is empty, the file is needed for the part in general. Do not filter the blank values out.
|Details||Contained in parts||Description|
|For working with documents in CJK languages.|
|Fax||Processing.OCR||For recognition of images with low resolution (with the IRecognizerParams::LowResolutionMode property set to TRUE).|
|For recognition of the languages for special language units, designed for data capture and field-level recognition. You can specify which languages you need in column 7.|
|FormulasLanguages||Processing.OCR||For recognition of formula languages: Chemistry, Mathematical.|
|FormalLanguages||Processing.OCR||For recognition of formal languages: Basic, C/C++, COBOL, Fortran, Java, Pascal.|
|FRXIX||Processing.OCR||For recognition of Gothic fonts.|
|For recognition of Index text type.|
|MrfLanguages||Processing.OCR||For recognition of MICR CMC-7 and MICR characters, OCR-A and OCR-B fonts.|
|For working with documents in all languages supported by ABBYY FineReader Engine except the ones defined in special groups. You can specify which languages you need in column 7.|
|Receipt||Processing.OCR||For recognition of Receipt text type.|
|Resource modules needed for the selected part. You can specify which interface languages you need in column 6.|
|Typewriter||Processing.OCR||For recognition of text printed on a typewriter.|
|Handwritten||Processing.OCR||For recognition of handwritten text.|
Now fine-tune the list of files using the rest of the columns:
- x64/x86 — the operating system architecture. Again, the files marked "x64,x86" are necessary for both.
- RequiredByModule — the values in this column are equal to Stage.Part.Details, and there is no need to filter this column if the first three have been specified correctly. But it can be used to check which modules have been included.
- RequiredByInterfaceLanguage — the interface language for which the file is necessary. The files marked "Any" are necessary independent of language settings.
- RequiredByRecognitionLanguage — the recognition language for working with which the file is necessary. The files marked "Any" are necessary independent of recognition language.
- Optional — specifies if the file is necessary for the module functionality. If the value is No, this file must be included in your distribution kit. The value can be set to Yes in the following cases:
- the file is language-specific. Include it if you need this language (consult columns 6 and 7).
- the functionality for which this file is responsible is not always necessary. For example, it can be used for opening images in a specific format. Consult ABBYY FineReader Engine Distribution Kit for further information about this file which will help you decide if you need it.
Finally, you obtain the list of required files. The last three columns specify their location and size:
- Path — the path to file in the distribution package.
- FileName — file name.
- Size — file size in bytes.