ExportToMemory Method of the FRDocument Object
This method saves the document into memory in an external format. Available file formats are represented by the FileExportFormatEnum enumeration constants.
Important! XLS format is not supported for exporting into memory.
HRESULT ExportToMemory( IFileWriter* FileWriter, FileExportFormatEnum Format, IUnknown* ExportParams );
void ExportToMemory( IFileWriter FileWriter, FileExportFormatEnum Format, object ExportParams );
Visual Basic .NET
Sub ExportToMemory( _ FileWriter As IFileWriter, _ Format As FileExportFormatEnum, _ ExportParams As Object _ )
- [in] Refers to the interface of the user-implemented object of the type IFileWriter which represents the file writing stream where the document must be written.
- [in] This variable specifies the format of the output file. See the FileExportFormatEnum description for the supported file formats.
- [in] Pass the export parameters object of the type corresponding to your file format through this input parameter. For example, if you are saving the text into an RTF file, create an RTFExportParams object, set the necessary parameters in it, and pass it to this method as the exportParams input parameter. This parameter may be 0, in which case the default values for the export parameters are used.
During export to PDF or XPS format this method may return FREN_E_INVALID_CREATION_DATE_FORMAT or FREN_E_INVALID_MODIFICATION_DATE_FORMAT errors, which indicate that the creation or modification date format is invalid. It also returns the standard return codes of ABBYY FineReader Engine functions.
- In most cases, document synthesis must be performed before exporting a document. Omitting the document synthesis may cause errors during export. See the description of the IFRDocument::Synthesize method for details.
- This method may report events to the listeners attached to the IConnectionPointContainer interface of the FRDocument object.
- Export in parallel processes is supported only for PDF (except TextOnly mode) and PPTX formats.
- Depending on the value of the IEngine::MultiProcessingParams property, ABBYY FineReader Engine can distribute export of multi-page documents to CPU cores.