Introducing ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
Welcome to ABBYY FineReader Engine 12!
We are glad to welcome you to our new, substantially improved ABBYY FineReader Engine.
In addition to the improved recognition process technologies, FineReader Engine 12 takes the user experience to a whole new level with:
- Optimally balanced profiles with fine-tuned task parameters
- Market-leading recognition accuracy
- Amazing processing speed
- A record 208 recognition languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic
- Comprehensive Developer's Help available in the distribution package and online
- Based on open source machine learning library NeoML
Key New Features
With the upgraded FineReader Engine, you get:
- Comparing Documents
- Input of Office Formats
- MRZ Capture
- Improved Japanese OCR
- Improved Arabic OCR
- Improved Korean OCR
- New neural network-based OCR technologies
- OCR quality improvements for text near stamps and signatures
- New licensing options
- New deployment options
- .NET Core wrapper
- New libraries in ABBYY FineReader Engine
- Enhanced Document Classification
- Code sample for command line interface (CLI)
- Implementation of PDF meta-data extractor
- Improved PDF processing
- Support for additional languages
- Improved document layout recreation
- Internal process optimization for faster processing
- New scanning features
- Latest .NET Framework versions
- Online documentation
- New export formats
Basic Usage Scenarios
Extensive ABBYY SDK experience in hundreds of products all over the world helps us identify the most common usage scenarios:
|Document Conversion Scenarios||Scenarios for Data Capture||Other Scenarios|
How to Use This Help
In this Developer's Help you can find all the necessary information about ABBYY FineReader Engine 12.
See the Guided Tour section to learn about how to use ABBYY FineReader Engine:
Here you can find out how you can use ABBYY FineReader Engine for your specific task.
Contains information for advanced users.
Offers some advice on how to prepare images for recognition.
A short description of available samples. A detailed description of the samples can be found in the Code Samples Library provided with this distribution.
Complete FineReader Engine API reference.
Important information about ABBYY FineReader Engine licenses and activation.
Information about distribution of applications which use the ABBYY FineReader Engine library.
The list of supported image formats, predefined languages, text types, barcode types, export formats, system requirements, and:
Most frequently asked questions about ABBYY FineReader Engine.
Here you can find the contact information of the ABBYY offices and technical support service.
Please visit our website at www.abbyy.com for the most up-to-date information about ABBYY FineReader Engine.